Military chaplains face risk of arrest for trying to minister on base during shutdown.
Did you know that? It's on the internet, but bet you didn't hear it at your Church, Synagogue, nor on the Evening News. This is just plain nasty and infuriating and we all know whom to blame.
The Story is here -Take your pick.
NOV 6, 2012 A DAY OF CALAMITY. The majority of this this nation had their O.J. Simpson jury moment or another way of putting it, "Four years ago America put a bullet in the chamber. That night the trigger was pulled." In this regard one might find solace in (1 Kings 19:1-18) God also quietly told Elijah that He had more work for him to do and let him know he wasn't alone. God showed Elijah He was more than just a mighty God of power. He was also a compassionate God that cared. Elijah's hope was restored.
Robert Bork, from his book “Slouching Towards Gomorrah”
“The judicial adoption of the tenets of modern liberalism has produced a crisis of legitimacy. Contrary to the plan of the American government, the Supreme Court has usurped the powers of the people and their elected representatives. We are no longer free to make our own fundamental moral and cultural decisions because the Court overseas all such matters, when as as it chooses. The crisis of legitimacy occurs because the political nation has no way of responding. The
Founders built into our government a system of checks and balances, carefully giving to the national legislature and the executive powers to check each other so as to avoid either executive or legislative tyranny.The Founders had no idea that a Court armed with a written Constitution and the power of judicial review could become not only the supreme legislature of the land but a legislature beyond the reach of the ballot box. Thinking of the Court as a minor institution, they provided no safeguards against its assumption of powers not legitimately its own and its consistent abuse of those powers. Congress and the President check and balance one another, but neither of them can stop the Courts adventures in making and enforcing left-wing policy."
A couple Jefferson Quotes
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. (28 May 1816 to John Taylor).
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. (29 November 1802 to Thomas Cooper)
- - - - - Ø - - - - -
A Sense of Irony.
Attributed to the Canadian counterpart of David Letterman's and his top ten list. Whoever that may be, whether or not said, they still make a lot of sense.
10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40% of all federal entitlements go to black Americans 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8) Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, TimothyGeithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America ... would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
5) Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America ... could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
The Sarasota Patriots are a group of like-minded thinkers in Southwest Florida. We agree on many of social and fiscal issues facing us today. We demand government accountability & preservation of our Constitutional rights and freedoms and support only candidates that do. We abhor the recent decline in morality and increased special interests and corruption in Washington. This website expresses those views as submitted by its members. Furthermore, the Sarasota Patriots practices what we preach: small government, no red tape and no ties that bind. We have no board of directors, and no advisory board. We don’t live under the umbrella of another organization. We have no treasurer and no bank acct. Finally, we are not a tea party group. We are truly a grass roots organization of Patriots. We beat our own drums.
E-Mail us to know more
AN ARTICULATE SUMMATION OF BARACK AND MICHELLE OBAMA
by Mychal Massie Article Here
OReilly & Krauthammer Size up the president with blistering commentary.
…since losing the House, Obama knows the “rest of his agenda will never advance,” and implies that the president is disengaged and “enjoying the presidency. He golfs a lot and he uses that airplane a lot......." (8:45)
Do you suppose the press will interview Mr. Guillory anytime soon?
Timely and up to date.
Pat Condell latest 11/2/13 There's no racist like a liberal racist
\\ // -(@ @)- --oOO--(_)--OOo--
Kilroy was here
has had some conservative leaning expose's lately. Here are a couple. (Mac users might get dialogue box- click "dismiss all")
Sorry about the commercials.